May 20th 2018 1900 m swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run As I ask myself before every race - did I feel prepared? No, not really! Having not been able to run since the marathon five weeks ago due to a hip flexor injury, I went into this race with an overarching sense of "unknown". Would I be able to run? Would I be able to finish? What is running? How do I do it? Aside from training, prep was smooth. I registered on Friday after work, and turned up Sunday morning at 5am to the correct end of the lake (unlike last time's half). My racking spot was very decent (near bike-in and bike-out) and I felt I had all the kit I needed. Multiple loo trips meant zipping-up the wetsuit was as last minute as ever, and before I knew it I was in the water. The start gun went and I set off on the far left (as I had successfully done for the full) into the blinding sunlight. My aim was to stay out of the melee (which I managed), then cut in. Somehow I had difficulty cutting in, so I j...
Comments
Post a Comment