Welsh 3000s 2021

 June 26th 2021

32 mile ultra with 15,000 ft elevation gain

4 finishers of which I was the first by a good couple of hours. Punishing route!

This really was a test, right from starting along Crib Goch at dawn, to each of the huge mountain climbs after the two feed stations, to the arduously protracted and painful downhill at the end. Then waiting for a few hours for transport amongst the midges.

Finally cracked Tryfan too, that's been a long while coming - last attempted and failed in November 2018 when 8 months pregnant......

Thank you to my personal navigational guide (even if you did make a few mistakes ha!).

A treat is waiting for me at home - a Garmin Fenix 6s! My reward for finishing, so excited to have a) maps and b) battery life that will last me the whole race so I can ditch the double-watch approach.

Av pace: 29:35

GAP 18:51





Times
Total time:  15:31:12

Standings
Gender category:         1/1      50%
Overall category:        1/4      25%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dorset Stickler 3 Peaks Race 2019

Carsington Water Half Marathon 2020